Depending on your security preferences, you may want to enforce Multifactor Authentication (MFA) among your Clearlogin administrator accounts, whether or not you do this for your user accounts (user MFA is explained here).
To get started, log into your Clearlogin Admin panel (https://admin.clearlogin.com) and then have at least one of your administrators enroll in MFA:
- On the navigation bar, select User Profiles.
- You will be brought to the User Profiles page. From here click on the blue edit button that matches the user's profile that you want to enroll in MFA.
- Near the bottom of the user's Profile Configuration page, click on the green button that says Enroll in Admin MFA.
- You will be brought to a page that states that your administrator has been successfully enrolled in MFA. Please make sure to the scan the provided QR code with an MFA app, preferably Google Authenticator.
Get Google Authenticator
Please note that you will only be presented with this QR code once. If you need to obtain a new code, you will have to remove MFA from the user's profile and then re-enroll the user.
You will have to repeat the first four steps of this article in order to enroll multiple admins in MFA.
- Now that you have enrolled at least one admin in MFA, we have to enable Admin MFA.
On the navigation bar, click on Security and then select Admin.
You will be brought to the Admin Security Settings page.
From here check off the Require admins to have MFA checkbox and then click on the green button that says Save Changes.
The page will refresh and you will receive the below message, confirming that Admin MFA has been activated:
- Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled one or more admins in MFA and have enforced Admin MFA among all of your admins!
Should you ever need to remove Admin MFA from your admin's account, please use these instructions.
Please note that if all of your admins are locked out due to defective devices (IE: broken phones or tablets), you will have to contact Clearlogin support by either e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat, accessed by clicking on the yellow question mark button near the bottom right-hand corner of your Admin dashboard.