- To get started, log into https://admin.clearlogin.com and on the navigation bar, select Events and then click on Integrations.
- You will be presented with the Manage Integrations page.
From here you can select which WebHook app you plan on integrating with (you can have multiple).
Currently there are three preset apps, Microsoft Office 365 Groups (click here for Groups-specific instructions), Slack, and Zapier, however you may also select WebHook in order to integrate events with an unlisted app (you can still use these same instructions if you select WebHook).
For demonstration purposes, we're going to select Slack.
- Once you have selected your app, you will be brought to it's integration configuration page.
Enter the following information on this page:
A. For your Display Name, you can choose something that describes what events you will be integrating. For example, maybe you only want to see successful and unsuccessful login events, so you would name this integration, "Login Events." Pretty simple.
B. Next you have to enter your WebHook URL which is provided to you by Slack. This is where your integration payloads will be posted to. They usually look something like this: https://hooks.slack.com/services/D93JFNA93J/D93JDNAL9/DJ83hdjkJ8ANi8dJ7a1A3jH42
C. Finally you have the Events form. Here is where you enter which events you want to have posted. When you click on the form you will be presented with a dropdown menu:
You may either click on each event that you want, or type them in manually and denote them with either commas or the enter key.
- When you're done, click on the green button that says Save Slack Integration. You will receive a message stating that the Integration was created successfully. However you're not done yet. As you can see below, the integration has not yet been enabled.
Click on the blue button that says Edit.
- Once you're back on the configuration page for your event, check off the Enable? checkbox and then click on the green button that says Save Slack Integration again.
- You will be brought back to to the configuration's summary page and should now see a green checkmark indicating that your integration has been saved, as well as a message that reads Changes saved successfully.
- Congratulations, you have created an event integration successfully! Make sure to test it in your app after you're done.
Have more questions? Submit a request