Clearlogin has it's own builtin alternative to such user databases as Active Directory, Google Apps, Amazon Web Services, etc. called Clearlogin Directory (CLD).
CLD is simple and fun to use! Even if you already have an established user database, CLD is still great to have as a backup Identity Source. Also, importing your user base is super easy thanks to support for uploading CSV files.
- To get started with CLD, first log into https://admin.clearlogin.com. Next, click on Identity Sources and then select Add New from the navigation bar on the left.
- Select Clearlogin Directory from the menu that appears.
- You will be brought to the New Clearlogin Identity Source screen.
Fill in all of the corresponding fields. Test Username and Test Password can be what you want them to be.
- Once you're done, click on the green button that says Save Clearlogin Identity Source.
You will be brought to the below page which is the form for adding a new Person (user) to CLD.
Fill out the form with the user's credentials.
The Text, Checkbox and List options are for adding CLD Attribute Names and CLD Attribute Values to a user for use with CLD Filters.
- Once you're done configuring your user, click the green button that says Save.
You will be brought to your CLD People page, which is a database of all the users in your CLD Identity Source.
Naturally you can use the green button that says Add New Person to create more "people" or users. The blue button that says Upload CSV may also come in handy for you if you're importing users via CSV files.
Congratulations, you have successfully created a CLD Identity Source and your first user!